Please read below before filling in the application (below)
1. Fencing weapons must be carried point down or in a fencing bag.
2. Minors may not hold blades unless they are wearing masks.
3. Warm up stretches are required before a lesson or practice.
4. A mask, glove, fencing jacket, knickers must be worn while fencing. No jeans, shorts, sweatpants or casual pants are allowed.
5. No type of movement with the blade is allowed if any person within 6 feet of the action is unmasked.
6. When fencing, especially in a group, a student may not under any circumstances remove a mask while another fencer’s blade point is raised or when other fencers are making any type of movement with their blades.
7. Walking or standing close to fencers in a bout or while practicing, when blade points are raised or blades are in motion is prohibited.
8. Unsportsmanlike behavior, horseplay (falling down), or improper rough or strong movements, whether intentional or not, are prohibited and will result in expulsion.
9. Any illness, injury or the taking of medication must be reported to the instructor before a lesson or practice.
10.No participation while under the influence of medicines which cause drowsiness or disorientation.
1. You represent that you are in good physical condition, have no physical or mental health problems that will preclude your participation in fencing activities. Specifically, you represent that you have no underlying cardiovascular, neurological or any other illness that will prevent or inhibit your participation in fencing classes in the same manner as a participant without such conditions.
2. You fully understand and agree that in participating in any fencing program, there is the possibility of accident, injury, disability or death. You agree to assume these risks and release and discharge the owners, operators, the United States Fencing Association and sponsors of the premises, activities, etc. and their respective servants, agents, officers and all other participants in the stated activities of and from all claims, demands, actions, and causes of action of any sort, for injuries sustained to the member’s person and/or property during the member’s presence on the premises and the member’s participation in the stated activities.
3. You give consent to Morris Fencing Club and its representatives to obtain medical care at your expense from any licensed physician, hospital or clinic for you and/or the above mentioned student for any injury or illness that may arise during activities associated with Morris Fencing Club.
4. You agree to abide Morris Fencing Club’s safety rules.
Waiver and Publicity Release:
Morris Fencing Club members, including those participating as non-members in group/private lessons and/or tournaments grant permission for use, without fee, of their/their child’s name and/or photo or image in newspapers, handbooks, brochures, newsletters, videotapes, on the Morris Fencing Club website, or any other means of promotional, publicity, or legitimate purposes. MFC members, including those participating as non-members in group/private lessons and/or tournaments hereby consent that such photographs, films and recordings from which they are made shall be Morris Fencing Club property and shall have the right to duplicate, reproduce, or broadcast as they desire free and clear of any claim whatsoever on my part. MFC members, including those participating as non-members in group/private lessons and/or tournaments agree to hold all MFC staff from any claims, damages, actions or liabilities of any kind relating to public display of my/our child’s name, and if applicable, accompanying photograph / video and event information. If the Student and Parent/Guardian wish to rescind this agreement they may do so at any time with written notice.
Entering your initials above and clicking “Submit” button means that you have read and agree to abide by the Morris Fencing Club policies and safety rules.